Edmund Tapp, born England, died 1 April 1653/4 Milford, Ct., m. 30 January 1613 in England to Anne ( ). Anne admitted to the church in Milford 25 June 1642, died 1659/60 Milford, Ct. Edmund settled first in New Haven living in the Hertfordshire section with others headed by Peter Prudden, then removed to Milford in 1639, being one of the five who received the deed to Milford on 12 February 1639, and his home lot was #35, consisting of 7 acres 2 rods, located at the present corner of Governors Avenue and North street. He had the prefix of Mr. attached to his name which at that time meant a great deal, and showed he was an important man in the community. He was an assistant to the New Haven Colony October 1643. He was chosen as one of the Judges with four others to hold offices for one year, until a body of laws should be established and they were "to observe and apply themselves to the rules of the written word of God". He took part in the ordination of Rev. Peter Prudden and was sent as a Deputy to the General Court in New Haven.
Ann/Anna d. 1701, m. 1st William Gibbard, m. 2nd William Andrews
MARY m. William Fowler
Elizabeth d. 1 May 1676 New Haven, m. John Nash, son of Thomas and Marjorie (Baker) Nash.
Jane d. 30 April 1703, m. as 1st wife of Gov. Robert Treat