Samuel Dorland Doxsie, son of John Doxsie and Arseneth Love, b. 6 July 1814 Canada, d. 16 Sept 1898 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co., Mich., bur. Oakwood cemetery in Eaton Co., m. 3 Sept 1837 Ont. Prov. Canada - Phoebe Ann Youngs, b. 21 June 1817/18 at Charlotteville Twp., Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada, d. 28 Jan 1880 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co., Mich., the daughter of Abraham Youngs and his wife Susannah Horton, dau of Samuel Horton.
Nine of his children were born in Canada and came to Michigan.
Children: Gen 4
1. Arthur Doxsie, b. 1836? Norwich, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Canada, d. Detroit, Mich.
2. James W. Doxsie, b. 1839 Norwich, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Can., m. Phebe Charlotte Cole
3. George Washington Doxsie, b. 1840 Norwich, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Canada, d. Cadillac, Mich.
4. Daniel Doxsie, b. 2 May 1842 Norwich, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Canada, m. 3 Sept 1868 - Angeline Peterson
5. Angeline Doxsie, b. 1844 Norwich, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Canada, m. 15 May 1866 - Rufus Worden
6. Gabriel Deloss Doxsie, b. 28 April 1846 Woodstock, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Can., d. 22 March 1930 Edmond, Okla Co., Okla., bur. Gracelawn cem., Edmond, Ok., m. 18 July 1869 Anderson Co. Kansas - Harriet Malinda Weatherman
7. Amelia Doxsie, b. 1849 Woodstock?, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Can., d. 2 March 1881 Mulliken, Eaton Co., Mich., m. 22 Aug 1875 Grand Ledge, Mi - Frederick Boyer
8. Samuel Derling Doxsie, b. 2 Sept 1850 Woodstock, Oxford Co., Ont. Prov., Can., d. 3 Jan 1929 Edmond, Okla Co., Oklahoma, m. 30 June 1878 Stanton, Montcalm Co., Mich. - Julia Clair Moss
9. John W. Doxsie, b. Dec 1852 Woodstock?, Canada, d. 12 Aug 1930 Ionia, Ionia Co., Mich., m. 22 Feb 1876 - Sophie Sheets
10. Georgianna Doxsie, b. 2 Feb 1855 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co., Mich., d. 17 Nov 1934 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co., Mich., never md.
11. Franklin Benjamin Doxsie, b. 14 Dec 1856 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co., Mich., m. 20 Nov 1882 - Jessie Isadora Boyer
12. Emma Doxsie, b. 1 Dec 1858 Grand Ledge, Eaton Co, Mich, Mich, died March 12, 1948 Los Angeles, Ca.
State of Michigan -- County of Eaton:
The circuit Court for said County To Wit:
I, Samuel Doxsie, swear that is Bona fide my intention to become a Citizen of the United States and to renounce forever all allegiance and fidelity to each and every Foreign Prince Potentate State or Sovereignty and particularly the Queen of Great Britain of whom I have been a subject.
Sworn and subscribed before me this :
11th day of Nov. A. D. 1856 : Samuel D. Doxsie
J. H. Corbin Clerk :